Our AGM will feature a presentation by Helmut Modlik, the Chief Executive Officer of Te Rūnanga o Toa Rangatira. He is going to talk about a Porirua co-governance initiative that will be democratic, led by the community, and will combine Māori, Pacific and deliberative democracy ideas. At a time when the future of local government is under review, might this become a model to make local governance more legitimate and effective? Helmut will take questions at the end of his presentation.
You will also have a chance to discuss the state of New Zealand’s democracy and Trust Democracy’s agenda for 2022/23.
To attend, please register at https://trust-democracy-agm-2022.lilregie.com/.
The draft agenda is:
- Presentation: Melmut Modlik on his vision for democratic governance in Porirua
- Minutes of the previous AGM
- Annual Report, Financial Statements and Committee disclosures
- Election of Committee members and Chair
- General business including discussion about the state of democracy in NZ and what Trust Democracy should focus on.
The final agenda and papers will be emailed to everyone who has registered before the AGM.